03 June 2011

Meet Your (bike) Match & Garden Party - TOMORROW BABY!!!

I just got back from the Hudson Urban Bicycle shop in the West Village which is packed to the brim with a fantastic selection of NEW and USED city bikes. Linus, ABICI, Biria, and Schwinn (to name just a few) in addition to cargo bikes and loads of used bikes including some real vintage finds!
(New bikes start at $419 and used bikes at $195.)

So... still don't have that city bike your dying to get? Hello! Memorial Day came and went and summer is ON... come by to the Meet Your (bike) Match & Garden Party {details below}. Some fabulous + friendly folks... the staff at The HUB (including Maggie and the pooch pictured above) along with Nona Varnado, the event organizer, and myself will be on hand to help you find you a match.

THIS Saturday, June 4, 2011 / 2-7 PM
Meet Your (bike) Match & Garden Party
@ Hudson Urban Bicycles (The HUB) presented by The Bird Wheel
163 Charles Street @ Washington in the West Village
{MAP}

Here's the official blurb...
Looking for a bike that’s adorable, easy to get along with and lots of fun? Bring all your girlfriends out to a unique speed dating event: check out an enormous range of new & used bikes. Test ride them around the lovely west village and if it seems like (gasp!) you might have found ‘the one’ take it next door to the garden party in The HUB’s *gorgeous* outdoor space.

We’ll have a lemonade stand & full photography set up for you to perfect your best bicycle chic look. If you’ve ever dreamed of dutch bikes and gracing The Sartorialist this is for you. Your Facebook profile will never be the same.
+ more photos from this afternoon, and only had my phone on hand...
 Hope to see you there.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous3.6.11

    What is the name of some of the products featured in your photos? (Particularly the bags next to the Basil basket?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, will try to pin down the names for all the bikes/products tomorrow... but those bags are from London, made by The Bicycle Muse.

    Here is their site:
    http://www.thebicyclemuse.com/2010/11/bicycle-gifts-for-everyone-on-your-list_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a Linus today very similar to the one in the top photo, but it doesn't have the rack. HUB looks really cute and perhaps I'll take it there to get it decked out.

    I'm going to just ride it plain-Jane this week and hook my purse onto my handlebar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, so happy to hear you already got yourself a replacement bike!

    We missed you yesterday. You made one super cute model. But, indeed, the HUB did have a number of accessories... lots of baskets and panniers to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weirdly, Julie and I both purchased a cream Dutchi on the same day. I think I was @ HUB w/my boyfriend after this event was over and also on Sunday, when I traded in my Kate Jackson/vintage Huffy Baypointe cruiser for my James Hettfield/Linus Dutchi 3.

    I was after the Basil milk bottle baskets but only in blue. He said he'd adjust the order to include blue and hopefully they'll be in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesse, too bad you missed out posing with your new love at the party! I'm going to post a bunch of the pics on here soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am bummed. I might have even been around at the tail end - I think you look familiar? I kind of jumped in to testing bikes as soon as I got there because we had to be somewhere by 6:30. I don't think I realized the lot was where it was all set up so maybe you were still there...I know I saw the green bike lady above (I know I lifted her bike to figure out how heavy it was since I was looking for a lighter bike).

    At any rate it was a nice reminder for me to get my butt down there and pick out a new bike. So thank you for that! And looking forward to seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...