11 December 2010

DOT + MTA's bikable ads

On my way over the Manhattan Bridge last Thursday morning I encountered this gaggle of cyclists gathering together outfitted with bikes + mini billboards (on nice little trailers). Turns out the DOT and MTA teamed up and hired this media company to bring their message to the streets.

Cute campaign but it leaves me wondering if motorists paid attention and read the signs - since as a cyclist in NYC more often then not I feel invisible. I think the billboards would be super great if they were targeting pedestrians with slogans like:
COST ANALYSIS:
I saved $89 in subway fare biking to work this month / $1,068 this year
-- though you wouldn't find the MTA helping to fund that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...