04 June 2010

a commuter's friend: tool kits

It is the best feeling to be able to adjust/fix your own bike (be it fixing a flat, raising your seat, adjusting your derailleur, etc.). And since one never knows when/where you'll need to the tools for the job - I typically opt to carrying a small selection of tools (wrench, allen keys, patch kit and pump) whenever/wherever (in my case, I think of them as a girl's best friend).

Timbuk2's Tool Shed is an on-the-go tool organizer 'designed by handy people for handy people'. Constructed of waterproof, grease-resistant Tarpaulin fabric that folds neatly and includes an anodized Aluminum buckle.

Also recently spotted Topeak's ToolBar (11 function ultra-light tool weighs an amazing 68 grams!) and Survival Gear Box (everything but a pump) among their huge selection of handy tools...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... I should really learn how to fix a flat on the go, just in case... I had one already but luckily I was close to home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...