05 November 2010

hello Horse Cycles + one lucky momma

Last Spring I met Thomas Callahan, of Williamsburg-based Horse Cycles, at the Bike Block Party where he had his exquisite collection of custom hand built bicycles on display... and recently spotted (and could not take my eyes off of) this candy apple red beauty which Thomas designed and built for none other then... his mother! The step through frame includes hand carved and modified lugs, 8 speed internal Alfine hub with bar end shifters...
I really wanted to make something low impact my mom could be active on while still being super comfortable. Also, I wanted to make it as functional as possible. I put a lot of love and time into the bike as i love my momma!
So great to see such a friendly bike - double leg stand and rear rack included. You can check out more of Horse Cycles' builds/process here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...